Call for the 2017 Coblentz Student Awards and Fateley Award
The Coblentz Society has for many years encouraged young scientists to pursue studies in spectroscopy by seeking nominations of outstanding students for the Coblentz Student Awards. The awardees receive a copy of the Society's Desk Book, a certificate, and a year's membership in the Society.
he three leading graduate students selected by the Coblentz Award committee will automatically become candidates for the William G. Fateley student award
that includes an oral presentation at SciX
, a plaque, and a prize of $1000
. No separate nomination for the Fateley award is required.
The nominations window for Coblentz Student Awards will be till March 31, 2017.
Nominations must be sent to Prof. Christian Pellerin, Chair of the Student Affairs Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate or undergraduate students who have shown excellence in vibrational spectroscopy research and/or coursework including vibrational spectroscopy may be nominated. The nominator must be a member of the Coblentz Society (to become a member contact Mark Druy at email@example.com
or complete the online membership application
Requirements for a complete nomination:
In previous years, all awardees were featured by having a photograph and a short bio in the SciX Final program. All awardees who attend SciX 2017 should be acknowledged in person at a presentation during the poster session on Sunday evening by the Coblentz Society president.
- Curriculum Vitae of the nominee.
- Biographical statement (300 words)
- One (1) letter of nomination from the supervisor
- One (1) additional letter of recommendation
- Abstract for a presentation at SciX 2017.
2016 Coblentz Student Awardees
2015 Coblentz Student Awardees
2014 Coblentz Student Awardees
2013 Coblentz Student Awardees
2012 Coblentz Student Awardees
- Eduardo Berrios, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Professor Martin Gruebele
- Marleen Kerssens, Gloucestershire Hospitals, Professor Nick Stone
- Rajesh Morampudi, Cleveland State University, Professor John F Turner
- Jonathan Schaefer, University of Utah, Professor Joel M. Harris
- Andreas Wilk, Georgia Institute of Technology, Professor Boris Mizaikoff
2011 Coblentz Student Awardees
2010 Coblentz Student Awardees
- Ram Bhatta, University of Akron, Professor David Perry
- Praveenkumar Boopalachandran, Texas A&M University, Professor Jaan Laane
- Bryon Herbert, University of Delaware, Professor Karl S. Booksh
- Yuliya Luzinova, Georgia Tech University, Professor Boris Mizaikoff
- Hajime Okajima, University of Tokyo, Professor Hiro-o Hamaguchi
2009 Coblentz Student Awardees
- Christopher J. Addison, University of British Columbia, Professor Michael Blades
- Kyle C. Bantz, University of Minnesota, Professor Christy L. Haynes
- Sudhir Dahal, Towson University, Professor Boon Loo
- Arindam Ganguly, University of Missouri - Kansas City, Professor James R. Durig
- Rosina A. Lombardi, Syracuse University, Professor Laurence A. Nafie
- Allen M. Ricks, University of Georgia, Professor Michael A. Duncan
- Sean T. Roberts, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Professor Andrei Tokmakoff
- Bhavya Sharma, University of Pittsburgh, Professor Sanford A. Asher
- Christina R. Young, Georgia Institute of Technology, Professor Boris Mizaikoff